International Museum Day (IMD) is an international day of celebration that held every year on or around 18 May, coordinated by the International Council of Museums (ICOM). The event highlights a specific theme that changes every year and that is at the heart of the international museum community’s preoccupations.
The 2019 Theme is “Museums as Cultural Hubs: The Future of Tradition”. Find this and other information at the official International Council of Museums website.
According to METRO, the 10 most visited museums in the world are:
The 10 most visited museums in the world are
1. The Louvre, Paris
2. Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, Washington, D.C.
3. Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, Washington, D.C.
4. The British Museum, London
5. Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
6. Tate Modern, London
7. American Museum of Natural History, New York
8. National Gallery, London
9. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
10. Vatican Museums, Rome
Disclaimer: The information on this website is accurate to the best of my knowledge at the time of writing. I make no guarantee as to its accuracy. Its purpose is to inform, educate, and raise awareness about causes and opportunities around the globe. I also encourage civil debate in the comments.